Join us March 20 in Sacramento for our 2018 Workers’ Compensation Legislative Day, presented in partnership with CalChamber, the American Insurance Association, and the Workers’ Compensation Action Network.
This daylong event – jointly sponsored by employer and insurer organizations that fight to improve and protect California’s workers’ comp system – is your chance to help ensure that lawmakers make informed choices for how our system should operate. Together, we will hear the latest from Sacramento insiders and then hit the State Capitol with trained team leaders for an aggressive schedule of meetings with legislative offices.
Why Should I Attend?
This year marks the last for the Brown Administration, which has championed numerous reforms to stabilize California’s workers’ comp system, increase worker benefits and attack fraud, while vetoing many harmful proposals. The result has been higher worker benefits, lower premiums, aggressive pursuit of fraudsters and more medicine delivered according to the evidenced-based standards.
While we will advocate for continued progress in 2018, we will also be speaking with lawmakers about what they can do to make further improvements in the years ahead to keep workers’ comp working for California and fix ongoing challenges.
As part of Legislative Day, you will have an opportunity to:
- Hear the latest information on workers’ compensation issues
- Gain insight into the political dynamic in Sacramento
- Talk with lawmakers and staff about the impact of recent system changes and ongoing challenges for employers and injured workers
- Help support (or oppose) specific legislation
- Participate in a policy committee hearing*
- Attend our luncheon presentation with special guests and speakers
- Network with fellow employers
* Subject to scheduling of bill hearing
Not a workers’ compensation expert? No problem. We want employers of all sizes and experience to participate. We will provide a webinar briefing and training session for all registrants the week prior on March 15.
Your presence and your voice is needed! Register today and join us in Sacramento.