Tim East Award
The Tim East Award was established in 2010 to recognize outstanding achievement in the California workers’ compensation industry. The award is named for its first recipient, a former Chair of the CCWC Board of Directors and the current Director of Risk Management for The Walt Disney Company.
Beginning in 2020, nominations will be solicited from CCWC members. Candidates will be reviewed by the Tim East Award Nominating Committee, which will provide its recommendations to the Board of Directors. The board will vote on a recipient at its spring meeting, and the award will be presented during the CCWC Annual Conference in the summer. While the process will take place each year, the board will reserve the prerogative to not present an award in any given year based on its review of the nominees.
Submit a Nomination
CCWC members may complete this form to submit a nomination. To be eligible, nominees must have a minimum of ten years’ experience in the California workers’ compensation industry. Those who are either an appointed or elected official or a current sitting member of the CCWC Board of Directors are not eligible.
In addition, nominees must have achieved one or more of the following:
- Active participation and distinction in advancing workers’ compensation system improvements
- Active participation in resolving workers’ compensation legislative issues
- Engaging with other workers’ compensation professionals and governmental agencies (including, but not limited to, the Governor’s Administration and/or Legislature) in promoting a fair and balanced system
- Setting an example in promoting workers’ compensation claims management best practices
- Recognized as a leader in the workers’ compensation industry
The deadline for nominations is February 28.
Past award recipients include:
2019 – Dan Bagan, UPS
2017 – Christine Baker, Department of Industrial Relations
2016 – Bill Zachry, Albertsons Companies
2015 – Jill Dulich, California Self-Insurers’ Security Fund
2014 – Saul Allweiss, Law Offices of Saul Allweiss
2013 – Sean McNally, Grimmway Farms
2012 – Suzanne Guyan, CompPartners
2010 – Tim East, The Walt Disney Company